Sunday 19 October 2014

Piers Morgan in TV Week about Simon Cowell summing up his career in Cannes this week

Piers: "Everyone laughed, but knowing how competitive Simon is, I could tell he was being deadly serious. At the end of an absorbing chat, I asked him to sum up his life and career. He pulled out his phone and read out a text he’d received that morning from Ella Henderson, the X Factor contestant whose debut album has shot to number one in the charts."

‘As a little girl I had a dream. That was to sing, with my own music, in my own way. Right now I have just released my very first debut album and you have no idea how much that means to me. I know I couldn’t have done any more and whatever happens from here I just have to say I’m so glad to finally share my music with the world and for you to be a part of this incredible process."

Piers: "It really has felt Tonight, Simon received his award at a glittering ball. Ella Henderson sang three songs ( beautifully), then a video was played paying tribute to the guest of honour, featuring Oprah Winfrey, Rupert Murdoch, Harvey Weinstein and Pharrell Williams."